Active Travel (a campaign led by Travel West) have been in touch to share what’s on offer in our region to help us to travel to work more sustainably and safely.
- Personalised Travel Planning. Previously, Active Travel ran events in the workplace talking to staff about how they can travel sustainably. This service is now being offered over the phone or on zoom. Anyone can book a slot to talk with an advisor and find out the latest information on cycling, walking, car share & public transport, and get access our free support. For example, this service would be useful for someone who previous caught the bus, but now wants to cycle to work but doesn’t know the best route, and are unsure of what to wear, or what equipment they need. Calls last between 5 and 15 minutes, and our advisors can email their recommendations out as well.
- Journey planner. There are two excellent journey planning tools.Better by Bike is specifically for planning cycle journeys, and Travelwest will show you the best route for walking, cycling, public transport and driving.
- Borrow a bike. The team have been inundated with requests for our standard and electric loan bikes, and are purchasing more bikes to bolster the fleet. This is a key offer alongside cycle training to get people to try cycling. Request a bike loan here
- Cycle Training. One to one adult cycle training is back. Run by lifecycle this service is delivered outdoors observing social distancing guidelines. Book here
- Coronavirus Travel Advice. This page gets updated as the advice changes and is a good place to look for the latest guidance.