Your tax account

If you haven’t already, you can start using your personal tax account today by registering online.

Your personal tax account allows you to see information about your income tax, national insurance, state pension, child benefit and tax credits and check your eligibility for certain tax breaks.  Did you know, for example, that married couples may be eligible for a Marriage Allowance, which means they can share their tax free allowance, saving some married couples £220?  You can find out more about the Marriage Allowance at

If you don’t have access to the internet you can call the HMRC helpline on 0300 200 3300 (have your National Insurance number to hand when calling).

The Government also as a free and impartial money advice website, which offers a variety of advice, guidance and calculators to help keep track of expenditure. Find out more here: