The Personal Support Unit is a charity for people facing court alone. The PSU is a charity where volunteers provide free support in the civil and family courts and some tribunals, with issues such as contact with children, divorce, eviction and money claims.
PSU volunteers can…
- Listen to you, and provide information and support
- Help you find out if you can get free legal advice
- Discuss settling issues without going to court
- Explain how the court works
- Help you fill in court forms and organise court papers
- Help you to plan what you want to say in court
- Go into court with you, take notes and help afterwards
- Provide details of other specialist agencies
Please note that PSU cannot give you legal advice.
Opening hours: 9:30-4:30pm, Monday – Friday
Telephone: 0117 366 4809
Office location: Ground Floor, Bristol Civil & Family Justice Centre